The Dunn Area gives you access to a growing, highly productive workforce for your business.
- Labor force of more than 48,000; unemployment rate of 8.1%
- 35% of the Labor Force is currently traveling outside the area to work
- Per Capita Income: $19,567
- Harnett County is home to the Dunn Micropolitan Statistical Area – the fastest growing micropolitan in the nation according to the US Census.
- Harnett County is part of the Durham-Raleigh-Cary Combined Statistical Area and one of thirteen counties making up the Research Triangle Regional Partnership Group.
- North Carolina is a “Right to Work” State.
Specific Training for your business is available through Central Carolina Community College with two campuses in Harnett County and Business Development courses are offered through the CCCC- Small Business Assistance Center located here in Dunn.
Dunn is just twelve miles from the Lillington Campus of Central Carolina Community College and ten miles from Campbell University. Dunn is located within an hour’s drive of several universities and college systems including North Carolina State University, University of North Carolina, Methodist College and Fayetteville State University.
Dunn Area Customer Base – 15-mile radius
Market Area – Right at 100,000 with almost 38,000 households
Daily Traffic Counts - 2012
Average Household Income - $55,766
Serving four counties – Harnett, Sampson, Cumberland and Johnston
- Interstate 95 – 49,000
- US 421/55 – 23,000
- US 301 – 9,100
- For more specific traffic count information – NC DOT
Taxes (Rates effective July 2014)
City of Dunn - $ 0.50
Downtown Dunn Tax District - $ 0.12
Harnett County - $ 0.75
Manufacturers’ real property tax based on effective rate/$100 of actual value.
Last year of Revaluation: 2009