Fort Bragg/Fayetteville Area
Research Triangle Park Area – Raleigh
Dunn Area – Harnett County
If you are looking to locate to the Fort Bragg/Fayetteville Area or the RTP Area, we invite you to take a look at Dunn. The Dunn area is an outstanding place to work and live – to raise a family or retire. Dunn offers affordable living with friendly people and a great quality of life. We invite you to experience the “go at your own pace” feel of a small town with plenty of Southern Charm, Great Hospitality and Rich History.
Let us Welcome You Home to Dunn!
Ideally located, with I-95 going through Dunn and I-40 just 6 miles away, the Dunn area provides quick and easy access to other metropolitan areas, educational opportunities and prime vacation destinations. Dunn is approximately 25 minutes from the Fort Bragg/Fayetteville area with easy access via Interstate 95. The soon to be complete I-295 will take Dunn citizens easily and quickly to Fort Bragg’s front door. We are approximately 45 minutes from the RTP area with easy access via Interstate 40. Dunn is just 1 hour from the golfing mecca at Pinehurst, less than 2 hours from the North Carolina beaches and less than 4 hours to the North Carolina mountains.
Within one hour’s drive, you will find 12 four-year colleges and universities including Harnett County’s own, Campbell University, the second largest private university in the state. Other world-class universities just up the street include the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina State University in Raleigh and Duke University in Durham. The surrounding area is home to four technical and community college facilities including Central Carolina Community College with five campuses in Harnett County including the new Dunn Center; and the Triangle South Enterprise Center, which offers continuing education, computer and business classes.
With new and renovated facilities and quality education programs, Harnett County Schools provide the education experience your children need to prepare for their future. For those living in the Dunn area, Harnett Primary School (k-3), Wayne Avenue School(4-5), Dunn Middle School(6-8) and Triton High School (9-12) have the best teachers, innovative programs and a caring community to further enhance your child’s educational experience. We are also home to four private schools – Cape Fear Christian Academy, Dream Big Christian Academy, Faith Education Academy, and Foundations Christian Academy.
Harnett Health, a private not-for-profit healthcare organization, provides health care services to our residents through Betsy Johnson Hospital, located in Dunn, and the new Central Harnett Hospital in Lillington. Services offered at the 101-bed inpatient Dunn facility include emergency services; outpatient surgery; diagnostic imaging; birthing center; hospitalists for critical care; med-surg and pediatrics; breast care; rehabilitation services and cardiac rehabilitation. The Dunn area is also served by a kidney center, cancer center, various medical centers, dental and optometric care to meet all your health care needs.
Dunn offers a lower cost of living for its residents than our nearby larger cities. The right home for you at a great price can be found in friendly neighborhoods or in a more rural setting. Contact one of our many local realtors and let them help you find the home that best suites you and your family.
Quality of Life
- Shopping - from our quaint Downtown to our many shopping centers, our residents have access to many of the shopping opportunities and services offered by much larger cities.
- Dunn’s Parks and Recreation – affords every child the opportunity to participate in the sport of their choice; provides a walking trail, playground equipment, adult sports and a recreation center with workout equipment and gym.
- Recreation – From our very own Dunn-Erwin Trail to the nearby Cape Fear River Park and Raven Rock State Park, our area offers walking, biking, canoeing, kayaking, camping, fishing, and picnicking for family exercise or simply relaxation.
- History –General William C. Lee Airborne Museum is located in our Downtown Business District and the Averasboro Battlefield Museum is just 5 minutes from our city limits. Both offering residents and tourists a great opportunity to learn and experience part of our nation’s history.
- Culture – Our area celebrates its past and present with 11 area festivals including nearby Mule Days in Benson and our very own Touchstone Energy Cotton Festival, General William C. Lee Celebration and Link Wray Festival.
- Entertainment – The Harnett Regional Theatre presents 4 live productions each year at the Stewart Theatre and nearby Campbell University offers concerts, sporting events and live theatre. The Chamber also presents the Boogie on Broad Concert Series offering Free concerts for area residents.
- More than 30 churches, representing many faiths, play a vital role in the lives of Dunn’s residents.
- Great golf is easy to find with Chicora, Sandy Ridge and Keith Hills less than 15 minutes from Dunn. Keith Hills is a championship facility, voted one of the “Top 100 values” by Golf Digest. The famous golf of Pinehurst is just an hour’s drive from Dunn and the championship courses in Myrtle Beach are two hours away.
We invite you to take a closer look at an outstanding place to live and work – Welcome Home to our All-America City – Dunn!