Relocation Guide for
Fayetteville Fort Bragg RTP Harnett
Cumberland County Relocation Moving Dunn, NC
Looking to Move or Relocate to Fort Bragg, NC Fayetteville, NC RTP, Raleigh, Fuquay Varina, Holly Springs, Apex, Cary, Clayton, Smithfield, Lillington, and the following counties Cumberland, Wake, Harnett, Johnston or Sampson County North Carolina. Look No Further Dunn, North Carolina is a place you can call Home!
If you are looking to locate or move to the Fort Bragg, North Carolina, Fayetteville, North Carolina Area or the Raleigh, Durham, RTP, NC Area, including Cumberland, Wake, Harnett, Johnston or Sampson County North Carolina we invite you to take a look at Dunn, NC located in Harnett County. Our City is an outstanding place to work and live - to raise a family or retire. Dunn. NC Harnett County offers affordable living with friendly people and a great quality of life. We invite you to experience the "go at your own pace" feel of a small town with plenty of Southern Charm, Great Hospitality and Rich History only minutes from Fort Bragg, NC Fayetteville,NC RTP, Raleigh, Fuquay Varina, Holly Springs, Apex, Cary, Clayton, Smithfield, Lillington, and the following counties Cumberland, Wake, Harnett, Johnston or Sampson County North Carolina.
ideally located, with I-95 going through Dunn and I-40 just 6 miles away, the Dunn area provides quick and easy access to other metropolitan areas such as Raleigh, Fayetteville, Pinehurst and more, with educational opportunities and prime vacation destinations nearby. Dunn is just approximately 25 minutes from the Fort Bragg and Fayetteville area with easy access via Interstate 95. The soon-to-be complete I-295 will take Dunn citizens easily and quickly to Fort Bragg's front door. We are just approximately 45 minutes from the RTP area with easy access via Interstate 40. Dunn is just 1 hour from the golfing Mecca at Pinehurst, less than 2 hours from the North Carolina beaches and just 4 hours to the North Carolina Mountains.
Within one hour’s drive of Dunn, you will find 12 four-year colleges and universities including Harnett County’s own, Campbell University, the second largest private university in the state. Other world-class universities just up the street include the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina State University in Raleigh and Duke University in Durham. The surrounding area is home to three technical and community college facilities including Central Carolina Community College with two campuses in Harnett County and the Triangle South Enterprise Center in Dunn, North Carolina which offers continuing education, computer and business classes.
With new and renovated facilities and quality education programs, the Harnett County, NC Schools provide the education experience your children need to prepare for their future. For those living in the Dunn, NC area, Harnett Primary School (k-3), Wayne Avenue School(4-5), Dunn Middle School(6-8) and Triton High School (9-12) have the best teachers, innovated programs and a caring community to further enhance your child’s educational experience. We are also home to four private schools - AppleWorks Private School, Cape Fear Christian Academy, Faith Education Academy, and Foundations Christian Academy.
Harnett Health Betsy Johnson Hospital, an authorized TriCare provider, is located in Dunn, NC and boasts all-new private patient rooms and like-new facilities for outpatient care. Recently added additions include The Birthing Center, Cardiac Rehabilitation Program and Advanced Medical Imaging. The Dunn, NC area is also served by a kidney center, various medical centers, dental and optometric care to meet all your health care needs.
Dunn, North Carolina offers a lower cost of living for its residents than our nearby larger cities such as Fort Bragg, NC Fayetteville, NC RTP, Raleigh, Fuquay Varina, Holly Springs, Apex, Cary, Clayton, Smithfield, Lillington, and the following counties Cumberland, Wake, Harnett, Johnston or Sampson County North Carolina. The right home for you at a great price can be found in friendly neighborhoods or in a more rural setting. Contact one of our many local realtors and let them help you find the home that best suites you and your family.
Quality of Life
- Shopping - from quaint Downtown Dunn, NC to our many shopping centers, our residents have many of the shopping opportunities and services offered by much larger cities.
- Dunn’s Parks and Recreation affords every child the opportunity to participate in the sport of their choice; provides walking trails, playground equipment, adult sports and a new recreation center with workout equipment and gym.
- Recreation - From our very own Dunn-Erwin, North Carolina Trail to the nearby Cape Fear River Park and Raven Rock State Park,our area offers walking, biking, canoeing, kayaking, camping, fishing, and picnicking for family exercise or simply relaxation.
- History - General William C. Lee Airborne Museum is located in our Downtown Business District and the Averasboro Battlefield Museum is just 5 minutes from our city limits. Both offering residents and tourists a great opportunity to learn and experience part of our nation’s history.
- Culture - Our area celebrates its past and present with 10 area festivals including nearby Mule Days in Benson, NC and our very own Touchstone Energy Cotton Festival and General William C. Lee Celebration.
- Entertainment - The Harnett Regional Theatre presents 4 live productions each year at the Stewart Theatre and nearby Campbell University offers concerts, sporting events and live theatre. The Chamber also presents Boogie on Broad Concert Series offering Free Concerts for area residents.
- More than 30 churches, representing all major faiths, play a vital role in the lives of Dunn’s residents.
- Great Golf is easy to find with Chicora, Sandy Ridge and Keith Hills less than 15 minutes from Dunn. Keith Hills is a championship facility, voted one of the “Top 100 values” by Golf Digest. The famous golf of Pinehurst is just an hour’s drive from Dunn and the championship courses in Myrtle Beach are two hours away.
We invite you to take a closer look at an outstanding place to live and work - Welcome Home to our All-America City - Dunn!